Monday, May 30, 2011

Give it a listen...




I'm always on the lookout for new music. I am not one of those people who is so incredibly hip they are on the forefront of what is happening in the music scene. I often feel like I am completely out of the loop, so when I hear people discussing artists they love or I meet people who are obviously too hip to be square, I literally grab a pen and paper and take notes.

I'm currently slinging beer at folks who enter the pub I am working at post-grad, oh the joy, and my ears perked up when a couple of co-workers were discussing a the Aloe Blacc concert they were going to at Fortune. Those who weren't going were drooling over the opportunity and I was standing there thinking, "How do you spell that? Allo Black?"

Apparently I had probably heard his song "I Need A Dollar," I said "No, I haven't but I do need a dollar. Actually I need quite a few dollars!"

So I busted out my trusty pen and paper, got the correct spelling of the artists name--Aloe Blacc--and eagerly awaited the end of my shift so that I could search the internet for some new tunes.

Aloe Blacc rocks new soul style music that I love love! The video for his song "I Need a Dollar" has over 10 million hits on youtube, so I was the only person who hadn't heard that one.

Now hear this track "Loving You is Killing Me" and check the little dude dancing, damn he's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment