Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What now?

It has happened, I have passed all my courses and I qualify to graduate. In a couple weeks I will walk across the stage to receive my B.A. diploma in English Literature. I am seriously proud of myself for this accomplishment, heaven knows it wasn't easy. My boyfriend often remarked that I made getting a first class education seem like serving a life sentence in Guatanamo Bay (I don't know how to spell that but whatever, moving on); and it's true I did.

Anyways now that I am done I don't know what to do with myself. Great. I have incredible anxiety that I should be busy all the time which my friends who have their degrees tell me won't go away for at least a year. It feels like the one skill I perfected in University (certainly not grammar) is procrastination. I can out procrastinate anyone on the planet (okay that's definitely an overstatement but that's how I feel.)

So here I am on a rainy Wednesday wasting time on the internet psyching myself up to read "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield. I have a heavy sense of forboding that this book is going to hit close to home...

No comments:

Post a Comment