Saturday, June 11, 2011

Style


(My dress courtesy of Obakki and Brad's pink ruffled shirt dug out from deep within his closet!)

Today is a red carpet day! How ridiculously exciting is that! My talented boyfriend has gone ahead and gotten himself nominated for a Leo award which means we have a red carpet event to attend this evening!




So that was a couple weeks ago and now I'm gonna finish the post...

What a great event, we really had a wonderful time at the Leo Awards 2011. It was our first time ever doing a red carpet event, press line and the whole gambit. I felt the same as when I used to play dress-up in my mom's closet when I was a little girl!

I definitely had a moment of panic when I realized that I had no idea how to get done-up for a red carpet event. Note: always be sure to paint your finger and toenails the day before, not hours before, because if you wait to the last minute on that step it just makes everything else more complicated. And as Brad and me learned in spades, just be yourself, wear what you want to wear, if you are confident and comfortable you are always in style.

Brad's pink shirt was a hotly debated item before we left the house. I cannot lie, myself and my parents were voting for a safe GQ look of just a white t-shirt with his tux; but he knew what he was comfortable in and everyone loved his pink shirt. Now he's threatening to give us all style lessons (cue eye roll.)

Obakki was kind enough to lend me a dress to wear for the event. That whole story is such fun that it gets it's own post!

(Special thanks to Miss 604 @ www.miss604.com for the use of her photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment