Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Inspire.

Whoa it's been a rather long time! Full time school plus full time work has equaled zero time for blogging. Finally, I have a little breathing room and I am eager to share some fun stuff I have come across in class and in life. At this moment I am working on a music appreciation assignment and I am compelled to recommend the following:

Listen to: Claude Debussy's composition "Clouds" and Igor Stravinsky's "The Rite of Spring", two totally different and beautiful pieces of modernist classical music.

Stravinsky's piece was composed for the Ballet Russes in Paris and an excerpt of the dance is performed in the movie "Moa's Last Dancer" directed by Bruce Beresford and based on the autobiographical book by Li Cunxin. If you enjoyed "Black Swan" and are hankering for more classical dance movies to watch check that one out. As long as I am recommending dance movies my favourite is "White Knights" directed by Taylor Hackford and starring dance legends: Mikhail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines! You'll be attempting pirouettes in your living room in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment