Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inspire.

Sleep is totally underrated. I recently took a page from the book of a 4-month old baby, she slept so much. I realized something, I do not sleep enough. Much like the baby when I get overtired I get moody, instead of letting it all out like she does and crying until someone rocks me to sleep, I grab a coffee and attempt to push on through.

I'm currently doing a 30-day yoga challenge which is very rewarding and challenging. A good friend of mine is challenging herself to a detox involving: no sugar, no alcohol, and no caffeine for 30-days. Next month I'm thinking I may implement a 30-day eight hours of sleep a night challenge for myself. I bet it too will be very rewarding and, honestly, challenging to force myself to get to bed on time!

Arianna Huffington, creator of the Huffington Post, recently gave a short but sweet TED talk about the power of sleep. It seems like most of us could use a little more of it.

Arianna Huffington: How to succeed? Get more sleep | Video on TED.com

No comments:

Post a Comment